Thursday, April 21, 2011

Intro

If ever there was a time to start a blog about my job it's now. I am currently in my second season working as a groundskeeper at a Chateau in France. I mainly spend most of my time maintaining the gardens and surrounding areas in a blurred version of a nine to five for the boss and gaffer. Other than that I try and stamp my own style to the existing layout in as much as I can without giving myself a hard time from my employers.
I am going to try and make this as interactive as possible with pictures and updates of my daily/weekly work, and if possible show before/after of certain projects. Please if you feel you can contribute with advice or constructive input then I'd be happy to hear it. We have a few experiments going on with trying to make the gardens as sustainable as possible, so with my limited experience in gardening (Im not trained in horticulture, just love being outdoors and especially spending time in the vegetable garden) any observations would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading and lets get gardening!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...Nigel here,i set up ,landscaped and created the wild flower meadow out the back and cleared the ground ready for your fantastic veg patch. Extremely jealous. Planted all the borders up round the bridge ,sowed the grass and planted those cherry trees your on about.Good job old chap,looks just how i would have it and wish i was back there some times.Got my own gardening business back here in the UK now so any help you need give us a shout. Keep up the good work and look out for that little snakes Dad...he usually hangs around the water source!! Nigel Norton.

    ReplyDelete